Butternut squash and quinoa salad
- 1 medium butternut squash
- olive oil for roasting
- pinch dried basil
- 200g ready-to-eat quinoa
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 small carrot, grated (around 50g)
- 50g garden peas
- 50g pitted black olives
- ½ small onion
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Halve the butternut squash, scoop out the seeds and score the flesh with a sharp knife.
- Arrange the two halves on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, sprinkle with dried basil and cook for 50-60 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package, but instead of cooking it in plain water use the vegetable stock pot.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking, mix the rest of the salad ingredients in a big bowl.
- When the butternut squash is done, take the tray out of the oven and carefully cut up the squash up into even chunks.
- Stir in the chunks and the ready quinoa with the other ingredients in the salad bowl and serve!
So yummy and filling – packed with goodness! Feel free to add peppers, dried tomatoes, garlic and even some meat into the mix! We didn’t as I am allergic to peppers & tomato but Im sure it would taste amazing!