Venison burgers with a green salad
This is one of my go to recipes when I have little time and still want to eat something healthy. You don’t have to do it with venison burgers, just use any meat you might have at home, whether it’s leftover meat or freshly cooked one.
- 2 venison burgers
- 1 big bag of mixed salad (I usually go for lettuce, rocket, spinach but use any sort of leaf salad you like!)
- 200g package of mixed olives in oil
- 150g of feta
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Heat up a pan and fry the burgers in a tiny bit of olive oil. I usually fry them so they are medium/rare but you can have your meat however you prefer! Alternatively you could do them in the oven but I think it takes to long and ends up being a bit dry…
- Take a big bowl and empty the bags of mixed salad into it
- Add the entire package of olives and scatter your feta all over the place
- Usually the olives come with enough oil, so I don’t add any extra to the dressing, but I do add a healthy amount of balsamic vinegar plus salt and pepper (and if you want, add some herbs in there too like basil or tarragon!)
- Mix well and if you’re lazy like me, just add the venison burgers on top of the salad and serve!
You could also eat this with some sweet potatoes on the side, or add some more ingredients to the salad (like cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, peppers, or even pasta/quinoa/cous cous). But I kind of like it as it is since it’s tasty, filling and just so simple & quick to make.