Roast sweet potato, butternut squash and beetroot
- 4 Big sweet potatoes
- 4 Raw beetroots
- 1 Smallish buttnernut squash
- 5 Garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- A good amount of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat up your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- No need to peel anything, just make sure you wash all the veg.
- Take out the seeds from the butternut squash (I usually do this by cutting it in two, then scrape it out with a spoon) then chop up everything in equal sized chunks, around 2cm x 2cm cubes.
- Put everything in a roasting tray, cover with a good amount of olive oil, salt & pepper.
- No need to peel the garlic, just crush them (I usually take the blade of the knife and press down on the clove) and put them inbetween the veg.
- Pop the tray in the oven for 20 minutes, then take it out and add the fresh rosemary branches.
- Put it back into the oven until all the veg are roasted (you decide how you like em, so just take em out when it looks ready)
This should serve around 4 people, but tastes great cold as a leftover too! I usually eat it cold after a workout as it is great recovery food.