Chicken, feta, artichoke and puy lentil salad
I love this recipe because you can (in theory) use any leftover meat you have at home (and technically any canned beans that are not in tomato sauce too). Plus it’s quick and easy and very filling! And it can be served both warm and cold which means you can make it in advance.
- 100g of meat (I used leftover chicken)
- 30g feta
- 3 artichoke hearts
- ½ can of puy lentils
- Baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dried tarragon (or you can use some fresh basil too)
- Chop (or shred) up the meat, feta, artichoke hearts and lettuce.
- Add them all plus as much fresh baby spinach and rocket as you want into a bowl.
- Add the puy lentils to the bowl.
- Then add olive oil, salt, pepper, tarragon (or fresh basil) and balsamic vinegar (use as much or as little as you want, it’s to your own taste you should season it!) and mix it all together.
This is so easy and you can add a whole heap of other yummy things to this salad (apart from different beans).
Some things that spring to mind are avocado, olives, spring onion and cucumber (can you tell I can’t really eat red things?) – and of course tomatoes (or sun-dried tomatoes!), peppers and other red things I’m most likely allergic too.