So what can I say, Life was on fire last night! I don’t think I have ever been down there when it has been that packed. The music was amazing, Souleance absolutely smashed it (you should really go and get their EP Le Monde), DJ Shuya Okino from Kyoto Jazz Massive played some banging tunes, and the mood in general was on top with people dancing and drinking and having a good time. Bumped into some people I haven’t seen for a while, like Simbad (who made a great mix for Brainfeeder a couple of weeks ago called The Supercosmic Revolution Vol.1 that you can download here if you haven’t already!), Dayo (!!!) and some other nice Brownswood peeps. And if that wasn’t enough, I now really want to get myself an MPC!
Flugeance (1/2 of Souleance) doing his little thing in the video above. I WANT ONE TOO!
I came across this beautiful cover of Creep by Kissey Asplund this morning and thought I would share it with you guys. Many people here in the UK seem to be surprised every time I mention she is from my hometown in Sweden. But there you go, you learn something new every day I guess. If any of you Sweds want to check out her groovy little Swedish blog, you can go here. If not, visit her english one here.
Here we are again with yet another OrsiiCast. I might not have been aware of it when I first selected the tunes for this new podcast, but it very much represents how I have been feeling lately. Some ups & some downs, fussing & fighting, smiling & loving, a bit like this mix. It includes some new tunes from Sa Ra Creative Partners, Quantic And His Combo Bárbaro and Lee Fields & The Expressions to name a few, and some old goodies like Dusty Springfield’s “Spooky” and one of my favourite tracks, “Why Can’t There Be Love”, with Dee Edwards. The photo used for this mid-summer edition was taken by my new work colleague and friend Chris, who has a very cool website and takes pretty goddamn amazing pictures. Have a look at his stuff here and follow his tweets here! And with that I will round off, but if you have any requests or recommendations for the coming podcast, or if you feel like sharing your opinion, leave me a comment! Enjoy.
01. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – How Do You Let A Good Man Down?
02. Lee Fields & The Expressions – Money I$ King
03. Kylie Auldist – Ship Inside A Bottle
04. Dee Edwards – Why Can’t There Be Love
05. The Coup – My Favorite Mutiny
06. Galactic – And I’m Out Feat. Mr Lif
07. Afu Ra – Voodoo Child Feat. DJ Cam (DJ Premier Remix)
08. Sa Ra Creative Partners – Bitch Baby
09. Dusty Springfield – Spooky
10. J Dilla – Light My Fire
11. Stevie Wonder – Light My Fire
12. Dojo Cuts – Mama Told Me Feat. Roxie Ray
13. Quantic And His Combo Bárbaro – I Just Fell In Love Again Feat. Kabir
14. Jackie Wilson – (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
15. John Robinson – All Behind Me Feat. Tiffany Paige
16. Madlib – Please Set Me at Ease
17. LTC – I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free