By Jean Abshire
This e-book overviews Singapore's interesting background from the precolonial period to the current, interpreting this filthy rich island country from fiscal, political, cultural, and social perspectives.
• records the contributions of approximately dozen pivotal figures that assisted in shaping Singapore via short biographical sketches of every individual
• presents a chronology of significant occasions and advancements in Singapore's history
• comprises maps of Singapore and Southeast Asia
• incorporates a bibliographic essay that means extra analyzing on subject matters starting from army heritage, international struggle II, an ethnic local examine, and local context
• An index assists readers in speedy referencing key individuals, destinations, occasions, and concepts
Read Online or Download The History of Singapore (The Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations) PDF
Similar Asia books
Within the 19th century, a tiny group from the deserts of Rajasthan unfolded to each nook of India. The Marwaris managed a lot of the rustic s inland alternate by the point of the 1st global warfare. They then became their hand to and, by means of the Nineteen Seventies, owned such a lot of India s deepest business resources.
In response to long term fieldwork with herding households alongside the Mongolian-Russian border, this booklet examines how humans are likely to prior stories of their houses whereas navigating new methods of gathering wealth and fortune within the face of political and financial uncertainties. it really is at this intersection, the place the politics of tending to the previous and the morality of latest technique of collecting wealth come jointly to form intimate social family members that the e-book unearths an cutting edge sector for the learn of kinship in anthropology.
Additional info for The History of Singapore (The Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations)